Take advantage of the Idaho Education Tax Credit
The state of Idaho provides an income tax credit to taxpayers who give to schools or educational organizations through the Idaho Education Tax Credit. Through December 31, 2015,* your gift to the
Idaho Botanical Garden could net you up to $500 in tax credit on your next tax return. Visit Idaho's Legislature website for more information.
* Idaho Statute 63-3029AHere’s how it will work:
1. You make a gift to the Idaho Botanical Garden.
2. The state provides a tax credit worth 50 percent of the gift, with a maximum of $1000 for married couples filing jointly or $500 for single filers. So, joint filers would receive the $500 maximum credit for a $1000 gift, $250 for a $500 gift, and so on. Single filers would receive the $2500 maximum credit for a $500 gift, $125 for a $250 gift, and so on.
3. You also are eligible for charitable income tax deductions on both your federal and state tax returns, making your out-of-pocket expense even lower.
4. The Idaho Botanical Garden uses your generous donation to enhance the education programs for our students, continuing our mission to cultivate a natural resource in this community.
Here is an example of how a $1000 gift would break down for a married couple in the 25 percent federal tax bracket (for 2009, this bracket included those who made between $67,901 and $137,050 of taxable income) and the 7.8 percent Idaho income tax bracket.
Total gift to Idaho Botanical Garden: $1000
Idaho state tax credit: $500
Federal tax deduction: $250
Idaho tax deduction: $78
Out-of-pocket expense for gift: About $172
This is a wonderful way for members and friends of the Idaho Botanical Garden to donate to the Garden while maximizing the tax advantages. Each and every contribution assists the Garden in delivering the finest possible education to new students every year. To make a gift, call the Idaho Botanical Garden administrative office at (208) 343-8649.
You can also give a gift online by clicking on the button below.
Please consult your tax advisor for complete details.