Help Grow the IBG Education Program
Every year more than 10,000 children participate in education programs at the Idaho Botanical Garden. They learn about the natural world though guided walks, crafts and encounters with living things. The Garden provides highly interactive activities that encourage children to invertigate and experience nature first hand.
But we can and want to do more.
Plans are in place to create:
• Twice monthly "Toddler Time", where parents and their youngsters can participate in a story time, craft and garden explorations
• "Activity Packs" that families use to help them enjoy the garden grounds with their children.
• New school tours to aid area teachers in their instruction of biology and Idaho history
• Interpretive stations located around the grounds that highlight garden areas, features, and subjects.
These stations will give in depth information on a variety of subjects.
• Children's Saturday Camps.
These mini-Botany Camps provide three hours of nature games, hikes and other activities offered once a month
• Teacher Training Workshops that help teachers develop their own outdoor programs.
Your support is needed to make this happen. A generous Garden member has donated the first half of the $10,000 necessary for program design and materials. Please join her in making a contribution so the Idaho Botanical Garden's education program can grow.
Program fees will sustain these new programs once development is complete, so your one time gift will continue giving! Give a contribution over the phone, 343-8649, or by mail
or visit the Garden office Monday-Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.